CECAFA has nominated 5 members committee that will be organizing the regional competitions on behalf of the regional body according to the association website, the committee will be headed by the Deputy President of Football Kenya Federation (FKF), Doris Petra Atieno.
The announcement was made by Nicholas Musonye, the Secretary General of the Council of East and Central African Football Associations (CECAFA) made the announcement on Tuesday in Hurghada, Egypt after the 2019 CAF Awards.
Musonye explained that the new CECAFA Executive Board chaired by the President Wallace Karia decided to select a 5-man committee that will work together with the Chief Executive Officer to organize competitions on behalf of the CECAFA Executive Board.
The other Committee members include; Aimable Habimana (Burundi), Bani Ahmed Eltatih (Sudan), Justus Mugisha (Uganda) and Djibouti’s Eunice Ali.
Musonye said the CECAFA Executive Board agreed that the new committee to organize competitions be put in place before the end of next month so that they start working on the calendar.
During the CECAFA General Assembly held in Kampala, Uganda last month it was agreed that the Zone will organize nine tournaments.
The tournaments lined up include;
- AFCON U-17 Zonal qualifier, CECAFA Women’s Senior Challenge Cup (Rwanda),
- AFCON U-20 Zonal qualifier, CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup (Sudan),
- CECAFA U-20 Women’s Challenge Cup (Uganda),
- CECAFA U-16 Boys Challenge Cup (Djibouti),
- CECAFA Kagame Club Championship (Tanzania),
- CECAFA U-20 Boys Challenge Cup,
- CECAFA U-17 Women’s Challenge Cup (Burundi).