Football NewsSouth Sudan

Investigation Committee Confirms Stadium Is Standard Says Minister As Resumption Of Construction Works To Continue

The South Sudan Minister of Youth & Sports Dr. Albino Bol while speaking to the Media.

The South Sudan National Minister of Youth and Sports Dr. Albino Bol has on Thursday evening said that the Juba Football Stadium incident that took place on Tuesday 6th of October, 2020 was a minor accident, announcing resumption of the construction work.

The Investigation Committee on the incident presented its final report wherein they came to a conclusion that the incident was caused as a result of overloading of the formwork support due to disturbance by impact of the nozzle collision of shooter with formwork support, and mechanical fault of the pump Machine.

Part of the Stadium Cabin that collapsed and now adjusted

According to the Minister, the report also reported that the incident was minor as a result of human error during a casting process going on in one of the slabs that resulted in the curving and eventually collapse of the particular slab. The four staff members who were directing the shooter pump of the concrete sustained no injuries and there was no reported incident of any shock by individual workers as a result of the incident – no worker was hospitalized.

The committee further recommended a number of actions for the Ministry consideration, which include: immediate resumption of the construction activities; the contractor to take maximum precautionary measures to avoid occurrences of such incidents in future; Ministry of Youth and Sports to have a Clark of work to be tasked with the supervision of this construction; and the contractor to use metal props instead of teak poles for the remaining part of the construction.

Juba Stadium undergoing it’s completion stages

In it’s 2 page report Dr. Albino Bol, urges the citizens to calm down, saying the Investigation Committee has confirmed that the Stadium is standard.

“I would like to assure the people of South Sudan about the standard and safety of the Stadium, and also appreciate their steadfast trust in the Ministry and the government at large. Special thanks goes to FIFA for funding such a magnificent project and SSFA for their tremendous work. The Ministry would also like to appreciate the contractor for the marvelous work done so far.”

Dr. Albino Bol
Bol while speaking to the Media Team at Juba Stadium.

It should be noted that, the construction works at Juba Stadium in July 2018 with funding of 5 million United States Dollars from the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) through their forward Program. 

Hits: 60

Leave a Response

error: Content is protected !!